Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 3020, 4010, 4040, 4110, 4150, 5070; Level 1
This continuing education course will discuss some of the current trends in plant-based eating, examine some of the potential health benefits associated with plant-based eating, and set out specific strategies for parents interested in raising vegetarian or vegan children.
Course content was written by Sharon Palmer, RD, a contributing editor at Today’s Dietitian, a freelance food and nutrition writer in southern California, and the author of The Plant-Powered Diet.
- CDR Credit: 1.00
- Course opens: Thu, Jan 17 2013
- Course expires: Sun, Jan 17 2016
- Cost: $50.00
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Discuss recent trends in the popularity of plant-based diets.
- List and discuss three nutrients of concern for children who eat a vegetarian or a vegan diet.
- List and discuss two potential benefits of vegetarian or vegan diets for children.
- Provide nutritional recommendations to clients who want to have their infants or toddlers consume a vegetarian or vegan diet.