Weighing In on Nondiet Approaches
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 5370; 6010; Level 2
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 8.2.4, 8.3.6, 12.4.3
This continuing education course reviews the types of nondiet approaches to overall health and wellness and strategies for implementing nondiet approaches in practice.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
- Identify potential negative consequences of a diet (weight-focused) approach to health and wellness.
- Compare diet and nondiet (weight-neutral) approaches.
- Identify the benefits of focusing on lifestyle patterns instead of weight for improving overall health and wellness.
- Define common nondiet approach terms.
- Employ nondiet approaches in nutrition education and counseling.
Dawn Clifford, PhD, RD, is an associate professor at California State University, Chico in the areas of nutrition counseling, education, and medical nutrition therapy.
The author has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR