Recorded Webinar: Help Your Patients Fill Their Fiber Gaps
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 2000, 2020, 2070, 4000, 4030, 4040, 5460, 6010, 8090; Level 2
Surveys indicate that people fall dramatically short of their recommended fiber goals, missing out on a key strategy to promote health. Join Sharon Palmer, RD, a contributing editor at Today’s Dietitian and author of The Plant-Powered Diet for a complimentary one-hour continuing education webinar, during which you will learn:
- Why people do not consume adequate amounts of fiber
- Information about various types of fiber that can help promote health
- Strategies to help your patients increase their fiber intake
This webinar was presented on Thursday, November 8, 2012, at 2 pm ET and is approved for one hour of continuing education credit.
This complimentary continuing education webinar is brought to you with support from Kellogg's.
Kellogg's selection of ready-to-eat cereal offers consumers more cereals that provide 8 grams of whole grain and at least a good source of fiber than any other U.S. brand.*
Click here to download an updated copy of the slideshow containing supplemental information and associated handouts.
At the conclusion of this CE webinar, participating professionals should be able to:
- List reasons why Americans tend to fall short on fiber intake.
- Name different types of fiber and identify sources of each.
- Identify specific health benefits resulting from satisfactory fiber consumption.
- Assist patients in filling their fiber gaps at meals and snacks.
- Identify opportunities to offer fiber supplementation as appropriate for certain populations.
- 1.00 CDR