The Dietitian’s Role in Medical Cannabis Consulting
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 2010, 3070, 5420, 5460
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 6.3.11, 8.1.5, 8.3.6
CPE Level 2
CDR Activity Type 740
This continuing education course reviews the history of medical cannabis use, the endocannabinoid system, compounds in cannabis, delivery methods, scientifically supported uses of medical cannabis, safety and precautions, and the current and future roles of the RD in medical cannabis consulting.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of cannabis, including its historical use as a medicine and important cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the endocannabinoid system and its influence on overall health.
- Discuss evidence-based uses for medical cannabis.
- Provide basic recommendations on cannabis use, including available delivery methods and safety and precautions.
- Discuss dietitians’ current and future roles in medical cannabis consulting.
Danielle Cook, MS, RD, practices at an integrative practice specializing in functional medicine and medical cannabis consulting in central California.
The author has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR