The Ketogenic Diet and Weight Loss: What's the Evidence?
This continuing education course evaluates the evidence on the efficacy of ketogenic diets for weight loss and addresses nutrition concerns related to following this diet in both the short- and long-term to help RDs provide recommendations to patients for its safe use.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Describe the ketogenic diet.
- Discuss how the ketogenic diet promotes weight loss.
- Identify possible long-term side effects on nutrition status and risk of vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Discuss long-term sustainability of maintaining a ketogenic diet.
- Guide interested patiernts in the safe use of a ketogenic diet.
Ana Gabriela Reisdorf, MS, RD, CDE, is a nutrition consultant and writer from Franklin, Tennessee.
The author has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR