Mushrooms: A Nutritional Powerhouse
This continuing education course reviews the nutrient density of edible fungi and the impact mushrooms have on environmental sustainability. Different varietals are compared and contrasted and their effect on health outcomes such as weight management is discussed.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Assess the impact of mushroom consumption on sustainability.
- List five nutrients found in mushrooms.
- Analyze nutrient data when cooking with ground mushrooms.
- State the relationship between mushrooms and FODMAPs.
- Discuss nutrient retention in cooked vs raw mushrooms.
Alexandria Hardy, RDN, LDN, is a corporate wellness consultant and freelance food and nutrition writer based in Pennsylvania.
The author has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR