Nutrition and Lifestyle Solutions to Female Hair Loss
This continuing education course examines the impact of nutrition and lifestyle on acute and chronic hair loss in women. Course content appeared as the CPE Monthly in the January 2020 edition of Today’s Dietitian.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
1. Distinguish three common nutrient deficiencies linked to hair loss.
2. Assess lifestyle factors that affect normal daily hair loss, acute hair loss, and chronic hair loss.
3. Explain the hair growth cycle.
4. Contrast the different types of hair loss.
5. Evaluate the pros and cons of dietary supplements for hair loss.
Alexandria Hardy, RDN, LDN, is a consultant in corporate wellness and a freelance food and nutrition writer based in Pennsylvania.
The author has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflicts of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR