Nutrition Interventions to Support the Menopausal Woman
This continuing education course provides a brief overview of menopause and describes the pathophysiology and nutrition interventions that may be implemented with the help of an RD.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
- Discuss the pathophysiology of menopause.
- Recognize symptoms associated with menopause.
- List five pieces of evidence surrounding nutrition interventions to reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Provide evidence-based interventions to menopausal women according to specific symptoms.
- Be able to differentiate which herbal remedies have strong vs anecdotal evidence supporting their use.
Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN, LD, CLEC, and Brittany Scanniello, RD, LDN, are both RDs who focus on women’s health and integrative nutrition.
The authors have no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. They have certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR