Potential Therapeutic Benefits of Collagen Supplementation
This continuing education course examines the use of collagen as a supplement in the treatment of various health conditions and discusses how RDs can educate patients on its therapeutic benefits.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
- Define the role of collagen in the human body.
- Identify how collagen use might be beneficial for various health conditions.
- Discuss safety and toxicity considerations with the use of collagen supplementation.
- List the types of collagen supplements on the market and approximate dosage recommendations.
- Cite three ways to educate patients on the pros and cons of collagen use.
Danielle VenHuizen, RDN, is a Seattle-based dietitian and owner of Food/Sense Nutrition.
The author has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR