Thyroid Disease and Diet — Nutrition Plays a Part in Maintaining Thyroid Health
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 3000, 3020, 3090, 4000, 4040, 4050, 5000, 5110, 5120, 5160, 5190, 5290; Level 2
This continuing education course provides an overview of thyroid disease, its relationship with cardiovascular disease and diabetes, and the role nutrition plays in maintaining thyroid health.
Course content was written by Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD, a dietitian in private practice in Fairfax and Alexandria, Virginia. She’s also a speaker, writer, and health coach.
After participating in this continuing education activity, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
- Differentiate between the main types of thyroid disease and describe common symptoms.
- Evaluate comorbidities associated with thyroid disease.
- Identify key nutritional deficiencies associated with thyroid disease and food sources of these nutrients.
- Educate patients with thyroid disease on the benefits of exercise.
- Assess thyroid function’s impact on pregnancy.
- 2.00 CDR