Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 2000, 2090, 2100, 3060, 3100, 4040, 5150; Level 2
This continuing education activity will evaluate the role vitamin D plays in cancer prevention and provide nutrition professionals with strategies for counseling patients.
Course content appeared as the CPE Monthly in the October 2012 issue of Today’s Dietitian. It was written by Densie Webb, PhD, RD, a freelance writer, editor, and industry consultant based in Austin, Texas.
- CDR Credit: 2.00
- Course opens: Tue, Oct 02 2012
- Course expires: Wed, Oct 02 2013
- Cost: $24.00
After completing this continuing education activity, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Assess the latest research on the association between vitamin D intake and cancer risk.
- Discuss basic vitamin D metabolism.
- Distinguish the forms of vitamin D.
- Evaluate what is a low level of vitamin D in the blood and the range of what is now considered an optimal dose.