Symposium Session: Taking Nutrition Back to the Kitchen: Mastering the Cooking Demonstration
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 5190, 5370; Level 2
Many dietitians have discovered the power of taking nutrition back into the kitchen. By providing clients with real-world tools like cooking and shopping skills they have seen improved results in lifestyle modification goals. Cooking classes are not only useful in a one-on-one environment. The cooking demonstration has been gaining popularity as an engaging component to traditional nutrition lectures and talks.
In this session led by chef, blogger and media expert Katie Cavuto, MS, RDN, Chef, you will learn how to plan and confidently implement a cooking demonstration/nutrition lecture that is both educational and engaging to your audience–be it 10 or 500 people.
In this entertaining and thought-provoking session, Katie will:
- Discuss the benefits of a cooking demonstration vs. a traditional nutrition lecture.
- Guide you in choosing a recipe that applies to your audience and their needs.
- Discuss the tools you will need to lead a cooking demonstration from set up to kitchen equipment.
- Discuss the flow of a cooking demonstration and applying nutrition talking points to recipe ingredients.
After attending this session, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Successfully develop a cooking demonstration/nutrition lecture outline.
- Apply nutrition talking points to recipes/ingredients.
- List the necessary equipment needed for a cooking demonstration.
Katie Cavuto, MS, RDN, Chef
Registered Dietitian for the Philadelphia Phillies and Flyers in Philadelphia, PA. President of Healthy Bites and Nutrition Advisor for Unite for Her.
- 1.50 CDR