Becky Dorner's Diet and Nutrition Care Manual: A Comprehensive Nutrition Care Guide
Includes the 2014 Edition of the Diet and Nutrition Care Manual plus 25 CEUs!*
A comprehensive resource and guide! Great for sub-acute, transitional care, nursing facilities, or acute care. Includes guidelines for evidence based practice, including the US Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010 and MyPlate. Use this best-seller as an evidence based reference to provide nutrition care, interpret diets, write menus, meet federal regulations, and define physician diet orders. Easy to use tools, charts and guidelines! Chapters include:
- Regular Diet and Alterations (vegetarian, Kosher, finger foods, high calorie, high protein, gluten free diets and more)
- Consistency Alterations (Mechanical soft/dental, puree, dysphagia diets, thickened liquids)
- Obesity Management and Calorie Specific Diets, Sodium Restricted Diets (No added salt, reduced sodium, 2 gram sodium, 1500 mg sodium, etc.)
- Diets for Cardiovascular Health (risk factors, lifestyle management, heart healthy diet, TLC diet, and more)
- Diets for Diabetes (medical management, medications/insulins, hypo/hyperglycemia, carbohydrate counting, consistent carbohydrate diets, and more)
- Diets for Chronic Kidney Disease (liberalized renal diet, diets and nutrition information for all stages of CKD, dialysis diets, lowering potassium and phosphorus, fluid restrictions, and more)
- Gastrointestinal Diets (high fiber, bland, suggestions for various GI conditions/issues such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, C-diff, and more)
- Specific Diseases and Conditions (Alzheimer's/dementia, anemia, dehydration, failure to thrive, hepatic disease, HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, osteoporosis, palliative care, PKU, pressure ulcers, pulmonary disease, sarcopenia, unintended weight loss)
- Nutrition Support (enteral and parenteral nutrition)
- Pediatrics (from infant to adolescent)
- Appendix (nutrition screening, nutrition focused physical assessment, heights, weights, adjusting weights for amputees, BMI, nutrient needs calculations, nutritional needs during stress, DRIs, calcium and vitamin D, herbs/supplements, and more).
Please click on “View Sample” for a complete Table of Contents. Approximately 350 pages.
*CDR approved for RDs and DTRs, with subsequent approval for CDMs.
After completing your purchase, you will receive a unique test link via e-mail. You must pass this test (a grade of 70% is required) and complete a simple evaluation to obtain your CPE Certificate. You may re-take the test as many times as needed. If you are interrupted and cannot finish the test, you can save the test and come back later to finish it. You are also required to complete the two case studies that come with the manual. These case studies are for your own portfolio records. Please complete and compare your answers with those in the Case Studies: Answer Key which is provided.
- CPE Certificate: Your certificate is not included with the manual. You will receive an e-mail with a unique link to complete an exam to obtain your CPE Certificate via Becky Dorner's website.
- Shipping: This book will only be mailed to U.S. addresses. Domestic Shipping and Handling is included in total price.
- 25.00 CDR