Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 3020, 5120, 5290; Level 2
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 8.1.4, 8.1.5, 8.3.1, 12.2.1
This continuing education course examines Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (HT), including the disease process, diagnosis, associated health risks, treatment, nutritional deficiencies, and dietary strategies associated with optimizing health with HT.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
- Discuss the pathophysiology and treatment of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (HT) and how it relates to nutrition and health.
- Identify nutritional deficiencies common among people with HT.
- Evaluate existing information about the link between HT and gluten.
- Identify common goitrogenic foods and state appropriate guidance for patients with HT.
- List common food and supplement interactions with medications for HT.
Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD, is a private practice nutritionist and writer in Northern Virginia. She specializes in nutrition for autoimmune health and wellness.
The author has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR