Symposium Session: The RDN's PR Opportunity
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 1000, 1010, 1070, 1090; Level 2
Performance Indicators: 3.1.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3
There’s a new and growing track for RDNs – it’s in public relations and marketing. Jenna A. Bell, PhD, RD, clinical dietitian turned professor and then senior vice president at a successful New York City health and wellness public relations firm, shares her insights and experience to demonstrate the intersection between PR and RDNs. She’ll discuss the integral role that RDNs can play on stage and behind the scenes and how you can maximize your influence and expertise to make impactful changes in food marketing and industry. Given her lessons learned, Dr. Bell will give you her tips and ideas on how to find opportunities for yourself or apply the same strategies used in PR and marketing in any area of practice.
After attending this session, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Describe opportunities for RDs and the role they play in public relations, marketing, and the food industry.
- Identify how RDs in PR and marketing can influence industry and consumer messages.
- Explain how science is translated by industry and media.
- Describe how policy and science affects industry decisions and messages.
- Position themselves as assets in public relations, marketing, and industry.
Jenna Bell, PhD, RDN
- 1.50 CDR