Celiac Disease and Infertility
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 4130, 4180, 5120, 5310; Level 3
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 8.1.4, 8.3.6, 12.2.1
This continuing education course examines the association between celiac disease and infertility, the mechanisms underlying the association, and action items for RDs to incorporate into their clinical practice.
This program is not approved for continuing education credit for DTRs.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals will be better able to:
- Understand the link between celiac disease and infertility.
- List at least five signs/symptoms of associated conditions of celiac disease.
- List negative reproduction health outcomes associated with untreated celiac disease.
- Describe the mechanisms that are thought to cause negative reproductive outcomes in untreated celiac disease.
- Discuss celiac disease diagnostic steps and treatment in people with infertility.
Hana Abdulaziz Feeney, MS, RD is a clinical dietitian with expertise in reproductive, gastrointestinal, and immunological health.
The author has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR