The Health Benefits of Avocados
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 2000, 2020, 2070, 2090
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 8.1.2, 8.3.6
CPE Level 2
CDR Activity Type 740
This continuing education course examines the current research on avocados, provides new insights about the potential health effects, and presents practical strategies for how RDs can help consumers incorporate avocados into a healthful dietary pattern.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
- Identify five key nutrients in avocados that contribute to their health benefits.
- Differentiate the beneficial effects of avocados from other key sources of monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Identify three beneficial health effects of avocado consumption.
- Apply information about the benefits of avocados to public health and private practice settings.
- Identify three replacement strategies for incorporating avocados into the diet while reducing saturated fat intake.
Jennifer Fleming, MS, RD, LDN is an instructor and clinical research coordinator at Penn State University.
Ms. Fleming reports the following relevant disclosure: She has received grant funding from Hass Avocado Board. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this course. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR