Recorded Webinar: What RDs Need to Know About Intermittent Fasting
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 4000, 4090; Level 2
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 8.1.2, 8.1.4, 8.3.7
Voluntary abstinence of food and drink (intermittent fasting) has been practiced by many cultures around the world for millennia. Client and patient interest in intermittent fasting has increased as recent popular press publications have begun promoting a variety of fasting regimes for weight control, amelioration of diseases and disorders, healthier aging, and mental health. Do they work? Is fasting safe? Can it lead to disordered eating? Should they be part of our dietary recommendations to our clients? And, for what specific issues?
The live version of this webinar was presented by Dr. Jo ® (PhD nutritionist, registered dietitian, and author of REBOOT – how to power up your energy, focus, and productivity) on Thursday, January 18, 2017, at 2 pm EDT. This recorded version is approved for one hour of continuing education credit. RDs should list code 175 for this activity type.
In order to register for this webinar for FREE, add Dr. Jo Lichten’s Reboot: How to Power Up Your Energy, Focus, and Productivity PLUS THE 12 CEU examination and this webinar to your shopping cart and apply coupon code FASTINGWEBFREE!
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Define common terms including fasting, intermittent fasting, alternate day fasting, modified fasting, and time-restricted feeding.
- Describe how religions (specifically Islamic Ramadan and Church of Latter-day Saints) incorporate fasting.
- Summarize animal and human studies on fasting in terms of weight loss, lipids, and inflammatory markers.
- Explain how intermittent fasting regimens are hypothesized to influence metabolic regulation and influence cancer, reproductive health, mental health, and musculoskeletal health.
- Debate the ethics of encouraging others to voluntarily withhold food and drink.
Dr. Jo Lichten has presented more than 1000 programs to companies and conventions on energy management, staying healthy and fit on the road, and stress solutions. She's the author of five books including her latest, REBOOT: How to Power Up Your Energy, Focus, and Productivity. Jo's also a consultant with Johnson & Johnson Human Performance Institute.
Dr. Jo® Lichten has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 1.00 CDR