Family Approaches to Weight Management
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 4020, 5370, 6040; Level 2
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 6.3.11, 8.1.4, 8.3.6, 9.2.1
This continuing education course explores adult and pediatric weight management through the lens of family-based programs. Effectiveness, barriers, and implementation structures are discussed.
Course content appeared as the CPE Monthly in the March 2018 edition of Today’s Dietitian.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
- Use existing research and recommendations to construct a family-based weight management program.
- Analyze current barriers to meeting program goals and positive outcomes.
- Contrast a family approach to weight management with a traditional individualized approach.
- Assess the three disciplines that address the mental, physical, and emotional aspects of weight management.
- Evaluate the populations best served by family-based weight management programs.
Alexandria Hardy, RDN, LDN, is a consultant in corporate wellness and a freelance food and nutrition writer based in Pennsylvania.
The author has no relevent disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflicts of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR