Recorded Webinar: The Role of Nutrition in Infertility: Evaluating the Research
Suggested CDR Learning Needs Codes: 4000, 4130, 4170, 4180
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 8.1.3, 8.1.4, 12.2.1
CPE Level 2
CDR Activity Type 175
For those trying to conceive, it's often a very stressful time, especially if one or both partners struggle with infertility. This webinar by Elizabeth Shaw, MS, RDN, CLT, CPT, is intended to serve as a resource for RDNs who are unfamiliar with reproductive nutrition recommendations and are interested in guiding patients with a nutrition plan that is conducive to conception.
The live version of this webinar was presented by Elizabeth Shaw, MS, RDN, CLT, CPT, on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 from 2-3 pm ET. This recorded version is approved for 1 hour of continuing education credit. RDs should list code 175 for this activity type.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Define infertility and its prevalence.
- Evaluate the latest research surrounding nutrition and infertility.
- Discuss specific conditions that may lead to infertility.
- Identify the basic tenants of a diet conducive to conception, highlighting differences amongst genders and specific disease state recommendations.
- Summarize the RDN role in helping clients struggling with infertility.
- List resources for further education surrounding nutrition and fertility.
Elizabeth Shaw, MS, RDN, CLT, CPT, is a nutrition communications consultant and runs a private practice specializing in fertility nutrition and women's health in San Diego, California. She's the recipe creator behind the popular blog ShawSimpleSwaps.com, founder of the BumpstoBaby.com support community, freelance writer for Shape, Fitness, and Oxygen Magazine, and co-author of The Fertility Fueling Cookbook (Hatherleigh Press 2017).
Elizabeth Shaw, MS, RDN, CLT, CPT, reports the following relevant disclosures: She serves as a consultant to Alliance for Food & Farming, Dave’s Killer Bread, and Halo Top Creamery. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program.. View our disclosure policy.
- 1.00 CDR