Nutrition Interventions to Manage Hyperlipidemia
This continuing education course digs deep into the diet patterns, foods, nutrients, and supplements affecting blood cholesterol levels. Nutrition professionals completing this course will be prepared to counsel patients with hyperlipidemia based on evidence-based research.
Course content appeared as the CPE Monthly in the November/December 2020 edition of Today’s Dietitian.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be better able to:
- Identify three nutrients affecting blood lipid levels.
- Assess diet plans with research-based evidence for improving hyperlipidemia.
- Counsel patients about specific foods to consume or avoid to improve blood lipids.
- Compare the effects of three dietary fat sources on blood lipid levels.
- Evaluate efficacy of supplements on hyperlipidemia.
Jennifer Bowers, PhD, RD, is a Tucson, Arizona–based RD with more than 25 years of clinical and education experience.
The author has no relevant disclosures to report regarding this program. She has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program. View our disclosure policy.
- 2.00 CDR